Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Heather's Comment on Our Meme

So yesterday I posted a picture of Papa and Bug and a little meme and I got this comment on it- 

"Awwww, it's Brad! I love love love this family. So kind and inspiring! His wife saved my life after my son was born. Would be completely lost without her."

I spent 2 hours with her. 2 hours. Supporting her choices in how to feed her baby. Listening to her. Encouraging her. Reminding her that she could do this, that she had support. I showed her how to wear the baby in a ring sling. I made her a meal and left while she napped. All that almost a year ago. Haven't seen her since that day.

For that interaction to still inspire her to write that comment just shows how much impact our experiences during and after birth have on us for the rest of our lives (and on the life of the child as a consequence). It is one of the most vulnerable times in a woman's life. We must be sure to treat each other with respect and love, always, but especially then.

No comments:

Post a Comment