Thursday, February 14, 2013

"When I'm 30 I'll have a wife."

"
Laying in bed chatting with Josh (8y) last night-

J- I'm so excited for my birthday this year. I'm going to be NINE! And then I'll be ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen! A teenager!

M- Don't remind me!
...
J- Then 14, 15, 16 and driving, then 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, an adult.

M- You know legally you'll be an adult at 17. But your body and brain won't be finished maturing til you're closer to 30.

J- 30.... when I'm thirty I'll have a wife.

M- What if you haven't met her yet? What if you haven't met the right person for you?

J- I think I'll have met her by then.

M- What kind of person do you want her to be? What kind of qualities are you looking for?

J- Well, I don't know what she'll look like, but I'd want her to be kind. Kind to other people, and kind to the world.

M- That's an important quality. Keep that in mind when you start dating people. If you notice they're not kind then you'll know they're not the girl for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment