Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pinterest Makes Me Sad

I was scrolling through pinterest just now, and it makes me so SO sad to see people, especially people in my family, pinning things like "our get along shirt" or "21 creative consequences for disobedient children". Lists of ideas of things to do to punish children, humiliate them, take away their things, and otherwise manipulate them for being "inconvenient". Children are people, just younger pe...ople. They are not inconveniences. Why is it such a foreign concept to teach the intrinsic value of things instead of creating artificial consequences? I wonder, how these people would feel if their partners told them to finish a task before a timer goes off or risk punishment? It is so encouraging to "meet" people here who understand what I'm talking about. But it is a blow to the gut when I'm reminded that this way of thinking is no where near the "norm" in society.See More "

No comments:

Post a Comment