Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nobody's Perfect

Something I try to say to Josh regularly-

 "I know I mess up a lot. I'm still learning how to be a good parent. You're my first kiddo, and I've never done any of this before.

 I know it seems like your brother has it easier, and that's true because I learned so much from you. Most of the time, no matter how much you think you know about something, you don't really know it until you do it. ...

Keep that in mind, nobody knows everything. Nobody has all the answers. If someone tells you they do, they're lying. Nobody is perfect. The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes and try to do better.

I know I make a lot of mistakes, but I'm trying to do better. Thank you for being patient with me and helping me learn."

 This kind of openness has really improved our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment