Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How Do We Change the World?

The other night I had a lengthy, in depth conversation with a dear friend about how we could "change the world". How could we get more parents aware of the option to parent peacefully? How could we educate them? How could we help them work through their childhood issues to move to a healthier place to parent their own children? The short answer is- We don't. No one can "make" someone want to do ...better. No one can "make" someone want to make peace with their past. That is a personal journey for each individual to take. The most significant thing I can do is to better myself. I am far from perfect. I have my own past to make peace with. What was I thinking, that I could crusade out into the world to help others? I will focus on making myself as peaceful as I can, and raising my boys as peacefully as I can. In turn, hopefully they will raise their children peacefully as well. Perhaps others will observe us, in person or here on this page, and be inspired to start on their own journeys. I will do what I can to support and encourage them. Maybe, in turn, they will inspire others. The world changes one person at a time, and it starts with me.See More

No comments:

Post a Comment